Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 1 Reflections, awesome changes/Week 2 Plan


<~~~Does it look like it snowed at all?

I had a great first week. I had to alter some of my fitness plans, some of them due to laziness and others due to soreness, but I got all of my running in and all of my strength training in, which is what is most important. The cross-training is extremely valuable, but not entirely required.

This was the first week that I've really committed myself to eating a diet that is roughly 80% "clean." One big thing I've noticed? I CRAVE the clean foods, are filled more often, eat a LOT of food, and also need to eat every few hours! All at the same time! It's great!

I've sort of maintained weight-wise, but I'm not worried -- I've only created a 245 calorie deficit. I'm going to continue eating how I'm eating and working out how I'm working out, and if I discover in a few weeks that I'm not cutting any fat, I'll find a way to. I'd like to slim out a little, but 125-126lbs is no biggie to me, it's pretty "perfect." I'd like some muscle definition, and I know that will come with strength training and some body fat cutting, but I'm just going to wing it at this point and see what happens.

I registered for the Half-Marathon today!!!!
Can we say EXCITING?!! I've also decided I'm going to start the racing season on March 22nd, in either a 5K or a 10K. Haven't decided yet, but I know I'll break my 10K cherry soon enough!

This week's training plan:

Week 1 of 6 of GET PUMPED AND READY FOR HALFIE! Plan!

Day 8, Monday 01.12
Easy Run 2mi

Day 9, Tuesday 01.13
Elliptical 30min
Strength Training

Day 10, Wednesday 01.14
Speedwork 3x800@4:41 (Woo-wee!!!) w/ 400 jogs (5mi total)
Strength Training

Day 11, Thursday 01.15
Rest!

Day 12, Friday 01.16
Cycling 30min
Strength Training

Day 13, Saturday 01.17
Long Run 6mi

Day 14, Sunday 01.18
Yoga Class 60min

No comments:

Post a Comment