Friday, December 26, 2008

5 Days Out.....

As I finish eating the "Carlos V" chocolate bar I received for Christmas, I am reminded that it is one of the last few chocolate bars I will be indulging in.

There are exactly 170 days until my fiancé and I's June 14th, 2009 wedding. In another perspective, that's 5 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days. Like most every bride, I want to look and feel the best that I possibly can on that day.

At 125lbs in October (down 15 from the start of 2008!), I purchased an absolutely perfect fitting wedding dress in a whopping size 2 -- ZERO alterations needed. I took the dress HOME because it was THAT PERFECT! Needless to say, I want to keep it that way! I wear a solid pants size of 6 (with some 4s) and small shirts, and due to how my body distributes fat, I knew I'd have a small dress size, but a petite size 2? Crap! I figured it would be a 4 at the very least!

Like most Americans, I know I've gained a few pounds over this holiday season. I generally work out 4-5 days a week, and have scrapped that for the past few weeks, combined with holiday eating and parties and everything...I'm expecting a good 5lbs, 7 at most (YIKES that's a little scary!) to have been put on. The awesome thing is that because it is so new, and once I get back into my hardcore plans, I'll be able to snuff those pounds out in a jiffy.

Did I seriously just write that? Snuff those pounds out in a jiffy? What?

January 1st begins week 1 for me, and I will be cycling, running, and strength training my way to overall fitness, more energy, lower body fat, and shaping my body. I have a pretty high fitness level already (with the exception of strength training, which I loathe but will make myself do!), so I will definitely be beginning at a moderate level.

I've participated in many many 5Ks, and a goal for this year is to run a half-marathon....preferably BEFORE my wedding (as I know that the entire month of June will be shot and will seriously throw a wrench in my training plans).

I will also be committing more to Clean Eating, which is a concept that I discovered sometime here in December. 80% of what you look like is HOW YOU EAT. I've been researching, incorporating, and preparing to completely turn myself over to clean eating, which I know will be essential to having that rockin' wedding body.

I'm excited to begin -- I'm an achiever, so here I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment