Tuesday, December 30, 2008

13.1 Thoughts.


I've looked for half marathons in the Chicago area, and I found one on May 3rd and another on June 7th. As I've mentioned, I'm a chorus teacher, and I may have a few concerts on May 3rd, so that halfie may not be possible. June 7th is right after school ends, and also a week before the wedding -- which has its own pros and cons. December was extremely impossible for me to do much of any workouts because of its insane schedule, and May could be similar due to the school year winding down. However, I may be wrong! Plus, it will keep me working out up to the wedding, which is always a great thing!

I am currently devising a plan that will focus primarily on running (and strength training), but will also leave room for some cycling enjoyment and whatever else I choose (elliptical, swimming, etc.). I'll post my week-to-week plan with mileage, calories consumed, sleep, and general mood -- modeled from the amazing SMURFETTE0725 from Sparkpeople.com -- my savior site.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward the June 7th half-marathon. I'll be motivated longer and will love it. There will be about 23 weeks of training for this -- I can SO do this!! I'm pumped!

2008 was about learning to run (around this time last year, I started running for the FIRST TIME!) and participating in 5Ks -- 4 of them, to be exact, PRing at 30:22. I was determined to get sub-30, but I didn't quite make it!

2009 -- Half-Marathon and sub-30min 5K!

2010 -- DUATHLON!!!

I also have plans for a marathon and for a triathlon -- don't know when, but I WILL DO IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. 2008 was a great year for you. You've made tremendous strides, and I know you'll kick some more ass come June 7th.

    (Big Joe)

    ReplyDelete